I finally got my Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus, so now I am able to also try out the Hello Pag-IBIG app by AUB!
Asia United Bank (AUB) created the application in conjunction with the Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), also known as Pag-IBIG. Members who have signed up for Pag-IBIG’s new (and enhanced!) Loyalty Card Plus not only get to have the benefits provided by the card — they are also given a way to manage their finances by making the most use of the cash card nature of the Loyalty Card Plus. (Related post: Loyalty Card Plus and Virtual Pag-IBIG)
Setting Up the App
After downloading the Hello Pag-IBIG app on Play Store, I immediately went ahead to register. The registration requires that you have your Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus (LC+) on hand, as well as preparation for a good selfie shot for validation purposes. This is similar to the validation method employed by some e-money and online banking apps like PayMaya.
The registration process was quite simple and straightforward, and I soon received a reference number, indicating that the approval may happen in one business day. An SMS and an email are going to be sent to notify me of successful approval.
Welcome to Hello Pag-IBIG!
Once inside, you’ll be able to see your available balance right at the top. This is your Pag-IBIG account balance. As a cash card account, you may use it like an e-wallet account, so you can fund it and you can also withdraw funds from it (how to fund your account? More on that in a bit.)
From the dashboard, you can also tap on some quick-access services. Some of them include:
- View Card
- Allows you to view the image of the card that you took during registration, as well as its current status.
- Here, you can also view the card number and its expiry date — the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus has a ten (10) year validity period, at least for those which are co-branded with AUB. (some Pag-IBIG branches issue cards that are co-branded with another bank).
- Lastly, you can also change your PIN here on the fly, as well as block the card should the need arise. These used to be features that require you to go to a branch, or call a hotline, so having these in the app itself makes it absolutely convenient!
- Scan to Pay
- This shortcut allows you to pay merchants (say, 7-11) as well as do InstaPay fund transfers to friends, as long as you have QR codes which you can scan. Take note of the “QR Ph” logo at the center of the sample QR code below in the gallery.
- Transaction History
- A list of your transactions can be seen here. Tap on each record to pull up more details about each record.
Tapping on the orange banner also gives tips how to fund your Pag-IBIG LC+ account other than the Pag-IBIG credits. You can fund it in three ways:
- Over-the-counter deposit in AUB branches via the Virtual Teller Kiosk (VTK)
- Fund transfer via InstaPay
- Fund transfer from other Hello users
Up to a maximum of ₱ 200,000.00 can be loaded onto the account.
Aside from the app shortcuts upon login, there are a lot more services available by swiping right and accessing the left-hand menu. Some of the shortcuts can also be found here.
Hello Pag-IBIG App Menu
Here’s a quick rundown of the features 🙂
- Account Number
- Your account number is not printed anywhere on your card! The only place you can find it is here on the menu. It is that series of numbers located underneath your name. 🙂
- Pay Bills
- Just like some full-fledged online banking applications, you may also pay for your bills here!
- Transfer Funds (InstaPay)
- InstaPay is getting more and more traction these days because more and more banks and financial institutions are now supporting it. Now, you don’t have to worry about not having the same bank as your contacts — transfer funds via InstaPay!
- Pro-tip: Worried you might mistype the recipient account number? It might help if you have a QR code from your recipient which you can scan! Standard Philippine QR codes lesssens the worry for typing errors.
- Pera Padala
- This is a very nifty feature of Hello Pag-IBIG. With this, you can remit money in three ways. They cost extra, but at least you don’t have to physically visit branches of these pick up centers!
- Buy Load
- You can also buy load! And this is load not just from all the telcos, but also those for prepaid cable services, gaming PINs, video streaming services, among others.
- Receive Funds
- Receive Funds allows you to generate a QR code (National QR code-compliant) which you can send to your contacts in case they need to transfer funds to you. Again, with QR codes, there’s less problems with incorrectly-provided account numbers!
- Application Settings
- And lastly, the LC+ Settings allows you to enable (or disable) fingerprint login, change your password, change your registered email and mobile number. These are updateable properties linked to your Hello Pag-IBIG application profile.
This app was made possible thanks to the collaboration between AUB and Pag-IBIG. I think the mere fact that you don’t have to go anymore to Pag-IBIG branch offices just to inquire and receive your loans and instead do them via an app is a big help to all of us who would want to save time by doing things online and digitally. Hopefully we can see more initiatives like these for the rest of the other government institutions to make processes faster and more efficient!
Have you tried this yourself? With Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus, there’s definitely no goodbye in Hello Pag-IBIG! 💓